What are Push Notifications?
Push notifications are short messages that are sent directly to your phone based on a condition in your neoApp, such as high or low temperature, door open or low battery warning.
Does it cost to use Push Notifications?
No, there is no cost associated with using push notifications.
How do I setup Push Notifications?
- In your neoApp, press SETTINGS
- Press Push Notifications
- Enable the notifications you wish to receive
- Note: You can only turn on the Low battery & Window Open notification if you have battery devices or window/door switches in your home.
- For the low / high temperature alert, simply set the desired temperatures using the sliders.
High/Low temperature Alert
When the temperature in your home reaches your high or low temperature limit you will receive a push notification on your device. This will inform you of the location and device that triggered the alert.
With a high limit set to 25C, you will receive a push notification when the temperature any room in your home reaches 25C. The temperature needs to drop to 24C and then rise to 25C before it re-triggers the push notification.
With a low limit set to 10C, you will receive a push notification when the temperature any room in your home reaches 10C. The temperature needs to rise to 11C and then drop to 10C before it re-triggers the push notification.
If you have installed any Heatmiser Door/Window contact switches, you can select to receive a push notification whenever a door/window is opened. The push notification will re-trigger whenever the window or door is reopened. The notification will inform you of the location and device that triggered the alert.
If you have any neoAir, wireless sensors or window/door contact switches installed, you can select to receive a push notification whenever the device requires new batteries. The push notification will be sent every 48 hours until the low battery warning is cleared. This will inform you of the location and device that triggered the alert.
Notification Type (iOS)
In iOS you can select whether you want the notification to be temporary or persistent.
Temporary means the notification will disappear from your mobile device screen after a few seconds. Swiping down will show the notification.
Persistent means the notification will remain on screen until you clear it.
To change this setting;
- Press SETTINGS
- Press NOTIFICATIONS
- Select Heatmiser Neo
- Under banner style, select the type of notification you require
1. If you have two devices sharing the same login, both devices will receive the push notification. If you do not want both devices to receive the push notification you should create unique logins for both devices. See here for more details on how to do that.
2. We do not recommend logging into multiple Neo accounts on the same mobile device and enabling push notifications. This can result in frequent push notification being triggered for your account.