Please ensure each of these steps have been followed so that Geo location can work successfully on your system.
Firstly, ensure you have downloaded the latest app from the AppStore
1. Ensure each user has their own unique login. Click here for steps on setting up share users
2. Ensure that Neo has Location Services permission
- On your iOS device, open Settings/Privacy/Location Services
- Select Heatmiser Neo
- Ensure Always is turned ON
3. Ensure the Geo Toggle toggle is set to ON
- Whilst at home, Open Neo
- In the Settings Menu, select Geolocation
- Ensure the toggle is turned ON
- Ensure the recipes are set correctly.
4. Ensure WiFi is turned ON.
Neo uses WiFi and the GPS to locate your position.
5. Setup your leave/return radius and recipe steps.
- Try setting 2 mile leave and 5 mile return
- Try setting Standby mode on all thermostats
Not working for you, try these steps to troubleshooting tips
- Setup on one device only. Turn off ALL other Geo Location devices by following step Step 3 above and toggle OFF
- Ensure you setup your single device as above
- Leave home and allow the system to detect you have left home
- Open the app and check whether your leave recipe has activated.
- Return home and check whether you return recipe has activated
If your recipes have not run
- In the Neo App, press Settings/GeoLocation
- Press Users (Underneath the radius slider)
- Does Neo know your current position (Home/Away)
- Open Google Maps - Does Google know your current position
- If Google/Neo does not know your position, check the steps above as your location is not being shared.
All working? Adding another User
- Ensure the steps above are followed
- Do this at home, so your position is set on setup
- Leave home with the 1st phone.
- When the 2nd phone leaves home run the tests above
- Allow 2 runs on each phone without opening and adjusting settings to allow the system to sync positions.
- Please go to Settings then to Apps
- Select the neo app
- Select mobile data and confirm that the app is allowed to use background data usage and allowed to run when the data saver is on.
- Go back 1 screen and select battery
Select optimise battery usage and find the neo app, it is usually optimised by default so it will be listed on the apps that are optimised. Disable battery optimisation.
- Go back 1 screen select notifications and make sure they are allowed
- Go back 1 screen and check permissions and make sure location is allowed.
- Please check that the recipes are selected on the Geolocation screen in the app.
Still not working?
Email email@example.com or call our team on 01254 669090 will full details of your Geo Setup, including;
- Registered emails (email from each account)
- Recipe steps setup
- Radius setup