Users of some Huawei 5G modems have experienced problems when attempting to connect a Heatmiser NeoHub to these modems.
The issue appears to be the modem’s inability to fall back to IPV4 DNS requests when IPV6 end points are unavailable for a service. The steps outlined below disable the IPV6 address allocation for this modem and allow the neoHub to get online.
Below you will find steps to enable IPV4 only from your network carrier.
You can do this by creating a new "Profile" on your Huawei router by doing the following steps
- Login to your routers Admin panel, its normally found at https://192.168.8.1providing you are connected to the router over Wi-Fi.
- Go to network settings from the top menu.
- Under Mobile Network select "internet connection"
- At the bottom of the screen should be a "profiles" section, we are going to create a new one so press +
- You want to create the settings as below FYI the password can be anything its not important.
- Press save and then restart your 5G router.
- The NeoHub should now be connected.
Should you experience any further issues please do not hesitate to email email@example.com for guidance.